Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gumption

I have found that most everyone in their lives will change at some point or another. This is not a bad thing, but sometimes not a good one either. Some go up hill and some go down hill, some will change for better... or for worse. Along with change comes a new lifestyle that you live. Some make better dedications for a higher power, some fall away, friends are gained and lost, love comes and goes. The evolution of change is never ending and the motion of change is always being made.

When lives change and people move forward they must be able to look back and realize why certain changes are made. It will give us a brighter perspective and enable us to realize our full potential. Our purpose on earth is to become the best "US" we can be. In one of my favorite moves they have a scene that goes something like this. The character Iris is growing up, moving on and finally starting to realize how wonderful she actually is! She meets an older gentleman, a Hollywood movie writer. He tells her that in every movie there is a leading lady and a best friend. Arthur says, "Iris, in your own life you are acting like the best friend." She can finally see the light and recognizes, my heck! I am suppose to be the own leading lady of my life! I should not let other people write and lead the story for me! I love the movie the Holiday almost more than any other! It is filled with much insite and I have always felt this strange connection to it! No matter how much I change, I feel it always finds a new way to inspire or help direct me.

I have also come to realize that some people will not be in your lives forever. Sometime you are with people for a very long time, on the other hand only a short while. People come and go just like the sun and the moon. We as humans learn to cope with the loss of others. We must learn to savor the moment, because you never know how long you will have someone with you. This still ties into change because sometimes those people are still around. We must be humble enough to understand why those people came and left our lives. Why these people had to offer at that certain time. We must be humble enough to see why we have been granted time with them. And only through this "change" are we able to move forward in our movie and continue learning from our lessons and become the best you, that you can be.

Like most my other post it is time to think about your own life. Think about a time you went through a big life change or had to learn a tough lesson and had to choke on your words? I have a few incidents that come to mind and one in particular I will share with you tonight. In my recent years I have had to learn a tough lesson of forgiveness. Not only of myself but certain others. Other people that you thought would always be there but have somehow let you down. I can think of one time though a few years back when someone I really had not known that long had absolutley destroyed me. Things came out and went around and I ultimately had to make a decision. I had only been out of High School for a little while and had a hard time making such a big decision. I did decide to send a certain person packing, and to send them away from my life.

To this day about 2 years later... I am still very proud of my decision. Thought it has only been in a few recent months where I came to terms with myself and said, "No I am a much bigger person and I forgive them! And I have, I remember no more or care no more. But with this decision of forgiveness people around me wondered why I was not able to let them back into my life. I then was not able to answer. I thought maybe once you forgive you are suppose to allow people a fresh start and maybe "reedem themselves". Anyways a lot and a lot of thinking went into this new decision. This one even harder than letting this person go. I decided that it doesn't matter if you have forgiven and forgotten. I decided that I didn't care if it left people torn apart. Sometimes people will change so much that it is no longer worth a struggle. Just because you have forgiven someone does not mean that they get to start off with a clean slate. Who is to say that they have changed? Or that you have changed enough that maybe you would be able to stand up for yourself better this time?

Anyways, I have made a final decision that it is okay. I am now at 100% okay terms with the decisions I had to make for this certain situation. In others I have decided to forgive and give people a new clean slate. So maybe I haven't changed that much after all :) It is just a funny thing. I guess most people evaluate every decision differently and that is how it should be.

If I can shed some light thought. If you are going to make a change... and we should constantly be evolving. Make a step in the positive direction. Let go, forgive, make commitments, try something new! Make tomorrow a new day and take it one day at a time. For it is when we overwhelm ourselves that we let our leading ladies down! Now days I have something slightly resembling GUMPTION!

Stand a little taller

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Hill!!! I hope that you keep changing to become your best self and that you remember to always be the lead lady!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!! Never forget that

    ReplyDelete